Career Encounters is a CG Course at PCC
Offering students who are in their junior or senior year an introduction to hands-on career experience in high-demand, high-wage careers at Portland Community College. Students who complete any one of our three courses, will have an opportunity to be recruited onto one of the CTE programs at PCC. As an added perk, students can earn both high school Applied Arts credits (.5) and PCC credits (2.00). All tuition, fees, and equipment are paid for by Beaverton School District.
Currently, there are three course options of the Career Encounters program. Two of which are available for the 2018-19 academic school year (PCC terms: Fall, Winter, Spring):
SUMMER TERM 2019:
- Southridge High School - CE Course Information: See Digital World Flyer.pdf
- Transportation Trades - Term Schedule: 9/23/19 - 12/9/19
- Click Here to reserve a seat.
SPRING 2020: TBA
All courses, meet twice a week at PCC and following the A/B Day Schedule for 7th or 8th period (no class on Fridays). Courses run for 13 weeks and are from 1:30pm to 3:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm, once every 2 weeks.Transportation to PCC is provided (students receive TriMet bus passes for the ride home).
How to Register:
- Prior to the start of the desired PCC Term: Students must first consult with their counselors regarding course availability (FALL, WINTER, SPRING)
- Check eligibility guidelines below
- A student must be at least 16 years old and be currently enrolled in one of BSD's comprehensive high schools. Students must also have good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or better). In order to be successful in one of these courses, students must be committed, have a history of good attendance and be self-motivated to learn and step outside of their comfort zone. Prior to the start of the term, students are required to complete the following PCC requirements:
- Apply For PCC Admissions As A Regular Credit Seeking Student: Get a G-Number (PCC Student #)
- Complete the online orientation (Required for new students)
- Complete and submit the Career Encounters Permission Form (Required every term)
- Return To This Site and click on Sign up for Career Encounters Now!
For questions about upcoming courses please contact: Sylvia Juarez at 971-722-7779